Clean House ???

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Ianthe, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Ianthe

Ianthe Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

My greenhouse hasn't had much use for the last year or so as I have been unable to garden :( I am now fitter again and raring to go [​IMG]
    However, the greenhouse is now in dire need of a good cleanout - any recommendations as to what gets rid of bugs/diseases - without using toxic products???

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    :D I had to clean one up that hadn't been used for about 5 yrs. :( We pulled everything out weeds & all [​IMG] then scrubbed with a soft broom & hot soapy water, then hosed down, & then mixed a solution of jeyes fluid & went round with that then threw the bucketfull over the floor, went away & left it for a couple of days while we sorted out what we wanted from the inside & got all that cleaned up, :D it is now a lovely little greenhouse & in full use :D :D

[ 17. June 2005, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]

3. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Jeyes Fluid? non toxic?????!!!!

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    Only used it the once. Disposed of tin last year at local authority. It was years ago now too. I did think they had made Jeyes more enviro friendly but have not used any recently so don't know.