Cleaning/painting plastic garden furniture

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Mervyn Wilmington, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well he's just popped out so when he comes back i'll ask him as that's one thing I don't dabble with mate ;)...I like my fingers :loll:

2. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    @Tetters I've just asked him as he's come back...he uses Aldi's spray paint for his cars which will do the same job colours plus it's a German make which are good he said and usually come in black / silver and sometimes they have green roughly £3-50 a can and if you do get some you need to clean the chair over he said it's called "keyed" with light sand paper and just washed over leave to dry and then you can spray.:)

3. Ned

Ned Evaporated

Prime Minister
    Ratings:
    +5,404
    Thank you and thank him too - maybe I`ll have a go, and turn my cheap tatty old chairs into fantastic up market jobs..... :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Well that's all it takes mate...you should have seen those 4 chairs and table sprayed black it was like new and the neighbour jumped at them.

That pic I added of the candle stand had 3 sections to the stand and the middle was gone regarding the threads and painted white...the middle was removed rubbed down then sprayed.

Nice pic would be good mate if you do it ;)

• redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
      Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
      Ratings:
      +10,377
      976731_10201381463362388_2013547590_o.jpg This chair I found cast off for garbage, brought it home. stripped it down and had fun with bunch of spray colors. bought two pillows for it. very comfy. the original color with the green you can see under the pillow, that is some heavy rubber, thought best not to paint it. And that is Twitches, he just loves it.

• Like Like x 2
      • Creative Creative x 2
      • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        Thanks mom for doing a nice piece work :thumbsup:...suites me down to the gound ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
        • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
          Ratings:
          +10,377
          @Gail_68 , it was kinda fun. taping off areas, and covering areas with newspaper etc. picking a color and then waiting to dry, and moving around the tape etc. I call it my Alice in Wonderland chair. its really solid chair. and cheap, like 0$

• Like Like x 1
          • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            @redstar I think it's lovely mate and if @Tetters can do something with her chair...standing back and seeing the achievement is great...the only think my hubby had to help me with regarding the table and chairs was getting the glass right as i'm heavy handed and spray to close...he's brill at it, he did 4 car wheels silver on our back :snorky: and did a lovely shade of silver on the gravel also :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
            • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
              Ratings:
              +10,377
              this is the picture I wanted to find earlier. my sweet cat Phantom. he's in heaven now. Phantom and chair.jpg

• Like Like x 2
              • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
                +0
                redstar this picture is :wub2:and his colour exposes your chair to a treat ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
                • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
                  Ratings:
                  +10,377
                  just so happen to have them in my download file. the only way to upload a pic on this forum.

• Friendly Friendly x 1