1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Clivia Help!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Bayleaf, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, need some help from houseplant/exotics experts. Is now a good time of year to divide my Clivia? I have 2, and both are pretty pot bound, one is flowering its socks off, the other has had no flowers for 3 years (& is more pot bound than the other - I think the compost is exhausted)
    Any advice appreciated - cheers!

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
  3. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers me dear! will av a goo ;)

4. Ladybird

Ladybird Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Bayleaf....my Clivia flowered twice a year, just had a bloom in February again,going mad, has been in a 7" pot for some years.I got as a raffle in our Gardening Club 4 yrs ago and was in a very small pot,seemed to like a big pot all of a sudden, lol. It had 3 flower stems every Summer, but only one this winter.

5. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,741
    [​IMG]
    Bayleaf
    I only divide if I have to. Potting on I find is much better, until you cant move it that is, then I would divide now, but I find they flower better pot bound and fed tomato food, and put outside in a shady place from now till first frost.

6. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Pete! they're gorgeous! I have potted mine on as much as possible (in 14 inch pots) so its time for splitting - the one not flowering anyway. I've never put them outside before, but will try it this year - Cheers :D

7. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,741
    I've not reached 14 in pots yet they must be massive. I stress that if you put them outside it must be in the shade, strange maybe for a s. african plant, but I find the leaves burn very easily.