Costa Rica - flower arrangements

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by PeterS, Apr 14, 2018.

1. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,013
    On my trip to Costa Rica, we stayed at some smart hotels that were obviously aimed at American tourists.

2018_02130116.JPG
    I was absolutely blown away by some of the flower arrangements. So simple and so elegant. Just Heliconias and Anthuriums.

2018_02130161.JPG

2018_02130162.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Clare G

Clare G Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,707
      Lovely! I've been to Costa Rica myself, some years ago now, I don't remember the flower arrangements being anything special back then but was still impressed to see exotic plants like strelitzia just growing away out of doors, in people's gardens. Also by banana plantations with a sort of zipwire arrangement so that the big "hands" of bananas could be hung and sent whirring along for packing. And most of all, of course, by the wonderful variety of birds and beasts. Hope you had an equally good trip.

Just remembered - I went at Christmas time and there were poinsettias everywhere, including banked-up displays in the churches. We were told that this honours an old Mexican legend about two poor children picking some weeds by the road for baby Jesus in his Nativity crib - only to have thembursting into spectacular flower. Legend of Poinsettia - Mexican Christmas Story about Flame Leaf - Flower of the Holy Night Story from Mexico

• Like Like x 3
      • PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +4,013
        A lovely story Clare - just read it.

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
          Ratings:
          +14,124
          Just beautiful @PeterS .. When we used to go to Jamaica they did beautiful arrangements like those to as all this plants appear to grow there too.. Thanks for sharing lovely to see.. :SUNsmile:

• Like Like x 3
          • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            Hi @PeterS :thankyou: for sharing these stunning arrangments :wub2:...there's nothing like that over here :gaah:

• Like Like x 2