1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Cowboy Cactus - yeeee haaaa !!!

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Banana Man, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    Forgive the fact that I am decorating and admire my Euphorbia hermentiana 'cowboy cactus'. I bought him for Mini BM as he loves Toy Story and Woody the cowboy :D

It looks like a cactus but it is infact a Euphorbia hermentiana :eek:

BM :cool:

[​IMG]

I also bought myself a ginger type called Curcuma alismatifolia ââ?¬â?? Siam Tulip, which is beautiful.

[​IMG]

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,907
    Hi, BM ... MF is into Euphorbias ... strange they are the same family as the Poinsettia!

Just love the Siam tulip! A real beauty!

PS I also like Toy Story but I prefer Stuart Little ... I want one, I want one .... [​IMG]

3. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +213
    I love a good western and this plant makes me smile everytime I go in the room. I have never seen one that big for sale locally before ? Yeee Haaaa!!!

The ginger LoL is probably good for the outdoors where you are :D I think wet cold would rot it but dry occasional cold would be ok with deep mulch ? :cool:

I like Stuart Little too :D

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,907
    I sure am glad you pointed out you are decorating, BM, or I'd have to suggest you spend too much time in the garden! :D

I'm trying to judge the height of your "cowboy cactus" which is superb and very healthy looking, by the switchplate but can't ... how tall is it?

I must read up on Gingers as I am quite ignorant of them! :rolleyes:

5. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,995
    Thats a nice looking "cactus" BM, the leaves are a dead give away that its not actually a cactus.
    Expect you already know, but dont let mini BM near that sap its pretty strong stuff in euphorbias.
    The curcuma is nice, I've grown it but not managed to get it to flower second year, just masses of leaves.