1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

cowslips

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by lizzie, Jun 20, 2005.

1. lizzie

lizzie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i am lucky to have a small patch of cowskips in my garden, last year i tried to grow some from seeds but no luck :( they are spreading naturu but very slowly any suggestions [​IMG]

2. lizzie

lizzie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry about the spelling got all confused

3. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Lizzie
    Now is a good time of year to dig some up & "split" them - dig up a clump & you will see that there are several plants together - gently pull & tease apart making sure each rosette has some roots & replant, watering in well. You can also use the seed straight from the plant, shaking it around - they do take a while to bulk up enough to flower , so don't give up.

4. lizzie

lizzie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] thanks i will try that it has taken so long for them to establish i didnt want to disturb them

5. rosietutu

rosietutu Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +434
    I purchased some Cowslip plants 6 in a tray from B/Q I planted them under a newly planted John Downie crab in October and they are still...flowering I have removed some seed heads which if they are anything like the poppies which I threw around I shall be inundated with them.It is my belief that when you sow fresh seed that you have grown your self as opposed to bought (you don't Know how old it is) I personally have had 90% success.

6. lizzie

lizzie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i have been trying for a few years with seeds from the plants but no luck.i didnt buy the originals they suddenly appeared about 6 years ago 1 solitary plant now there are a cluster of about 10. i have scattered seeds but no luck.

7. lizzie

lizzie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    this time i will try splitting them i never thought of that probably :( because they are slap in the middle of a lawned area [​IMG]