1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Credit card donations

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by Sheal, Jan 30, 2015.

1. philomel

philomel Pottering in SW France

Ratings:
    +846
    I've been trying to give a donation, but this appears impossible as I have an English bank account with my registered address in France, so I wish to pay in pounds, but as soon as I put in my French address everything reverts to Paypal. I'd like to pay by bank card (Visa debit) but it only allows me to go through PayPal. I refuse to use PayPal as I don't trust them. They ripped my daughter off seriously!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • LyndaG

LyndaG Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,390
      Morning folks - so sorry, I didn't know about the donations thing for GC, could @Webmaster give me a link and accept my apologies please? How embarrassing!!

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,497
      @philomel I'm sure Nathan will accept a cheque drawn on an English bank account :blue thumb:. PM him and ask for his address. :)

@LyndaG The donate button is at the bottom of every page. It's not a requirement of the forum to make a donation but Nathan set the forum up and paid for the running of it for years. Now that it has got so big and popular he has to pay out for professionals to maintain it. All the admin and mods give their time for nothing (thanks all of you :blue thumb:).

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • philomel

Ratings:
        +846

• Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
        +2,931
        Yep, just hit the 'Donate' button at the bottom of any page.

Thanks guys for your continued support.

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +52,610
        @philomel, I have donated recently using my credit card. The reason everything reverts to Paypal when you put in your address is because the payment is made via Paypal to GC. The money isn't taken from your account by Paypal, your bank will authorise the payment to them to pay to GC. I didn't realise at first this is why so many details were wanted and I still don't like the fact they've got a complete trace on me including my ex-phone book telephone number. Without it the payment can't be made. :mad:

• Informative Informative x 1
        • philomel

Ratings:
          +846
          Thanks Sheal. I shall certainly be trying to pay by cheque though as suggested by shiney. Trouble is I'm not sure if I've got a cheque book as I never use one ha ha oh well, where there's a will.... :snork:

• Like Like x 1
          • westwales

westwales Gardener

10 miles from the coast in the rainy west
            Ratings:
            +598
            I've been using Paypal for several years and stopped for a year after I had a message saying that I'd exceeded my limit. I didn't know there was a limit and couldn't work out how I'd exceeded it. Anyway I decided to boycott until one day when I wanted to buy something from ebay and they only accepted payments from paypal. I managed to phone paypal, all guns blazing, and they told me that the message I'd received, though badly worded (they acknowledged) was only an alert to me that I'd used paypal more than average in that month. I went back to using it and have had no further problems.

They don't charge me anything for making payments but I understand they do make a charge to sellers.