1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Credit Card Refund Claims ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by HarryS, Feb 2, 2019.

1. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    @shiney and anybody ............
    I would like some advice on claiming a refund on a credit card purchase if anyone has know how on this process.
    We bought 2 tickets for a Tears for Fears concert Nov 2017 , total cost £230 . They were purchased through GetMeIn a Ticketmaster subsiduary. The concert was cancelled and rescheduled to Feb 2 2019. Hence the sixteen month delay !
    Now GetmeIn was closed down by Ticketmaster in October 2018 . A week ago we received an Email from GetmeIn saying tickets were due to be dispatched . Then a text message saying tickets would be issued on an Email . Then nothing !
    The tickets were purchased on a credit card through PayPal ( i.e. the Paypal account is linked directly to the credit card )
    Can anyone advise on the process of trying to claim the purchase cost back through the credit card company ?

2. LauraRoslin

LauraRoslin Gardener

Ratings:
    +428
    This is probably a silly question but have you tried getting it back through Paypal? I'm sure they have a process for refunds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,201
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +118,310
        Under normal circumstances you would be covered under section 75 by the credit card company. I'm not sure when it's through PayPal so you need to approach them first.

I wish you luck :smile:

• Like Like x 1
        • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +4,201
          Think you can see from this MSE link that you cannot claim under section 75, you need to claim against PayPal.
          As that link also suggests sometimes better to pay direct with your card rather than PP ..

Warning! Don’t use PayPal to pay on a credit card

• Informative Informative x 1
          • HarryS

Retired
            Ratings:
            +16,246
            Thanks all . Looks like Paypal is my first port of call . My Paypal account is linked to the Credit carc . So the purchase goes through Paypal instantly onto the card . The thing with Paypal is it is so easy , just press a button rather than type all your details in . Lesson maybe don't use Paypal for anything over £100 ...............
            I'll let you know if I have any luck .

• HarryS

Retired
            Ratings:
            +16,246
            I made a "goods not received " claim on the Paypal site at 18:09 tonight . It's very easy to do , just find your purchase and press the claim button. I immediately got two emails #1 Acknowledging claim , #2 ( the one I was worried about) The claim is over 6 months old (actually 16 months ! ) and is rejected.
            Looked at the Paypal site and at 18:09 and 10 seconds . Instant message from GetMeIn , the seller "A full refund was sent on . This problem has now been resolved and closed."
            Now I have not got my grubby little hands on the money yet , but fingers are crossed . May take 48 hours to get in my Paypal account

• Like Like x 3
            • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
              Ratings:
              +118,310
              I always advise anyone, when purchasing something at £100 or above to only use a credit card directly. As @ricky101 has pointed out, paying through PayPal for expensive things is not really a good idea. :sad:

Doing what you have done is probably the best chance for you. :blue thumb:

• JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
              +46,046
              You have been lucky there Harry (fingers crossed you do actually get the money back).

• Agree Agree x 1