Curled leaves on apple tree?

Discussion in 'Trees' started by ismeval, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ismeval

ismeval Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    I have a very small apple tree in my back garden which at the moment is full of baby apples although 5 have dropped over the past week.... no probs still plenty left !
    However I have noticed that some of the leaves are curling - there does not appear to be anything inside the curl, and it is mostly the side of the tree which gets most wind ... just wondered if it is the wind and therefore not a real big problem...
    There are no bugs on the tree, nor any apples half eaten etc ..
    I will try to add a picture below if it lets me

Val

Attached Files:

2. ArcticFox1977

ArcticFox1977 Gardener

Firefighter/Driving Instructor
    Ratings:
    +15
    We have a VERY YOUNG apple tree.
    I am not expecting any apples this year.
    However, I have noticed over the last week or so, the leaves have started inwards. The leaves at the top of the tree have started turning slightly brown. I did give it a good watering and the leaves have slightly opened up. Majority of them are still curled. I am a little worried about this too :/

3. ismeval

ismeval Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Has anyone got any advice for both myself and ArcticFox ??

4. NewGardener

NewGardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    I had a bit of trouble with my apple tree earlier this year, which forced me to prune back, and lose a years growth. My leaves have curled slightly, but I think it's due to the wind, like you do. Sorry I can't be of more help.