1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

cuttings

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by traceyg, Sep 17, 2005.

1. traceyg

traceyg Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys
    Only posted a couple of times and not recently but was hoping someone can help.

I need to take some cuttings of shrubs to help stock up my mums garden and don't really have the first idea which is the best way for each plant. anyone know of any good websites or have any ideas for me.

I have some sambucus black lace, wiegela and heuchera to start with.

Also i want to do some cuttings of penstoms and red hot pokers(think u divide those though??).

Any help greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    tracey

2. sam k

sam k Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi you divide red hot pokers and Heuchera,

Black lace and Weigela is proparted by soft wood cuttings under clear polythene in early summer, semi-ripe cuttings in late summer or hardwood cuttings in autumn inserted into the ground in a sheltered part of your garden and will root within a year.
    Try the BBC gardeners world web site, they are full of helpful advice.
    good luck

3. sam k

sam k Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    whoops..... I mean propagate :rolleyes:

4. traceyg

traceyg Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks sam will try that