Cuttings

Discussion in 'Propagation This Month' started by Jiffy, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +31,458
    I've got quite a few of cuttings, from when i planted them in pots, how long is it before they start to root so that i then can repot them on they own

2. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose it depends on what cuttings they are @Jiffy ...if they look like they have taken or you can see roots coming from the bottom of the pot ,then is the time to pot on:dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
    • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
      "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
      Ratings:
      +4,445
      I always wait until I can see active growth on most of them, then have a look.:psnp:

• Like Like x 1
      • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
        Ratings:
        +31,458
        Thank you, Lolimac and Pamsdish
        @Lolimac,Cuttings are Forsythia,Viburnum tinus And a Choisya, the Choisya got a lot of wind damage and the root ball is bad so i got so cutting a few weeks back just in case it may died ie: 10 per pot, so if i know it will be about, say 10 weeks for them to put down some roots and to pot on with out to many roots be knoted all up
        The Frosythia, is cutting from a neighbours hedge, who is no longer around but he took cuttings from ours then it sort of died :scratch::dunno: so i just got some cuttings back :mute: again 10 to a pot
        The Viburnum i took in the autum again 10/15 to a pot, but i don't want to breck them up if they haven't got good roots