1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Daisies and buttercups

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Sixtie7, May 27, 2015.

1. Sixtie7

Sixtie7 Gardener

Ratings:
    +23
    I half fancy having these in my lawn, well in the side of the garden which is ready anyway lol
    Does anyone know if the seeds are readily available? Or if it's a case of pick a few wild ones and scatter and hope their seeds spread?
    Also if seeds are readily available, what do I do, just scatter or grow into seedlings then sow? All advice welcome
    I've not done this before lol, can you tell?

2. Gwen austin

Gwen austin Gardener

Tea technician
    Ratings:
    +238
    You can buy buttercup seeds. I'm using them for a new meadow. With other seeds they will be scattered and raked gently into soil.

3. NCFCcrazy

NCFCcrazy Super Gardener

Bored office monkey
    Ratings:
    +1,051
    Have a look on Ebay, plenty about, consider clover too, excellent for bees. I scattered clover on my lawn last year and got reasonable germination.