1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Damaged lawn

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by JPHH, Dec 8, 2015.

1. JPHH

JPHH Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, first time poster and somewhat gardening novice.

Need some advice please. A neighbours cat soiled on my front lawn, I allowed it to dry out and removed with kitchen roll. The problem is the grass has died in the area was!!!

Coincidence? Surely cat poo would destroy my lawn??

Attached Files:

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,567
    Welcome to GC JPHH. :)

It's unusual for cat poo to do that amount of damage, I'm wondering if it was a fox? I would normally suggest a repair with some soil and grass seed but at this time of year it's unlikely to germinate. Can you cut a small turf to replace it from another area of the lawn, somewhere where it's not so prominent to the eye?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Mowerman

Mowerman Gardener

Ratings:
      +599
      Somebody mentioned cat cr@p.... arggghhhhh that is single-handedly the biggest bane of my job. I use at least 5 x more doggy bags picking up cat mess than my own dog's mess.

Lawns or borders, they don't care where they do it and it's no laughing matter (yes you cat owners) as their filth can carry toxoplasmosis, which is a truly dreadful disease.

But, I've seen cat mess surrounded by patches like the above. Maybe the cat frequently visits the same spot to have a pee as they often visit the same spots to cr@p.

• Agree Agree x 1