1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Damaged leaves - advice please

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by merleworld, Jul 25, 2011.

1. merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,087
    Can anyone tell me what's damaged the leaves on my plants?

The first one is a very young daphne, which I put in an east facing position, but it didn't seem to like the sun so I moved it into a more shady spot.

The next couple are rhodos which don't appear to have any damage apart from that the leaves have curled (they developed like this from the new shoots).

I'm wondering whether the shoots have been damaged by the sun or whether it's something else.

On the last two pics, the leaves on these two rhodos are damaged as well.

Can anyone advise please what the possible causes are for any of these and how to treat?

Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

2. merleworld

Ratings:
    +4,087
    Apparently the second last one is lack of fertiliser and the last one is "typical moisture stress or frost damage to the buds at the time the leaves unfurled".

3. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    I think Daphne could actually be the varieagated variety D odora Aureomarginata, so nothing wrong with it. Very healthy in fact.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • merleworld

Ratings:
      +4,087
      It certainly is - I was just concerned that the new leaves at the top were curly. I thought it was because it didn't like the sunny position it was in. I could see it visibly wilting, so moved it into a shady spot and it seems to prefer it. It may also be because they don't like being transplanted, and I'd just put it in the container after buying it.

Wondering if the curly rhodo leaves are getting too much sun (north/north east facing border) and whether I should move them?

• daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +2,881
      Apart from some slight curling, they look well enough, so leave them alone.:D:dbgrtmb: If they are in containers make sure they are kept properly fed and watered.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1