1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Delphinium nudicaule "Fox"

Discussion in 'Other Plants' started by Scorpio1968, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Business Development Manager
    Ratings:
    +245
    I bought one of these at Hampton Court and it was so small it got missed during watering and died. I've tried everywhere to get another but can only find it online in seed form with one website doing 50 seeds for about £2.50

I only want one or two so was wondering if anyone knows where i can get an actual plant, or perhaps if not i could buy a pack of seeds and put the remainder into the Seed Swap 2012.

2. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,089
    I just googled it and my considered opinion is that you should buy the seeds and then share them with me!

I'm sure that I could find something in return in all seriousness.

3. pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
    "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
    Ratings:
    +4,445
    I think as only 50 or so seeds in a pack ,you should share them.:stirpot: Get some going 50% germination ?,:scratch: then save seeds for next years seed swap ,if this years a success,:yes:

4. Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Ratings:
    +245
    OK based on longk's instruction above, i'll buy the pack of 50 seeds, keep 10 for myself and share the remaining 40 with 4 of you. Based on 10 each i'll need two more names but if no interest i'll just increase the "dosage". We'll all be able to give them a go next year, hopefully with better success than me doing all 50 and killing them off lol.

If you PM me your addresses i'll post them out once i receive them.

I did speak to my local nursery yesterday to see if they have them but they didn't. They said that nudicaule are normally grown as annuals as they often don't survive the winter, but all the info i found online and on the label i had for my one says that they're hardy perennials so i think it's worth a shot for all the miniature beauty they provide.

EDIT: I've just placed the order. 10 for longk, 10 for pamsdish, 10 for me, so 20 left. No recompense required.

5. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,089
    Crikey - I feel guilty now!

Many thanks Scorpio - pm on its way.

6. Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Ratings:
    +245
    I'm actually about to order these at last.

If anyone has found this thread from page 1 of Google, don't buy them, or anything for that matter from Plants of Distinction. They don't send goods and then ignore you when you chase them up. Utterly appalling customer service.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1