1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Desperately Seeking Savvy!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Babypinkfingers, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Babypinkfingers

Babypinkfingers Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi my name is Sarah and I'm very new here! Very new to gardening also!! I have recently moved to a new home and a beautiful bonus were the front and back gardens. Spring has sprung and with it brought an abundance of loveliness in the gardens... The front is very staggered so many alpines have emerged from the undergrowth. In the back garden I have identified tulips and daffodils... lots of rose bushes and an apple tree. After a chat with a neighbour, I was informed that the lady before us had a gardener and the gardens were amazing but when she died and the house was being sold, some butchers came in and hacked it all back to make it saleable. That was over a year ago and we took the house on in Feb. The apple tree has dropped all it's fruit and turned to mush, I don't have a clue what are weeds and what are salvagable. I have thought of getting a gardener in to restore it to some order for me to maintain but I'd really like to make this my project and hopefully bring it back to it's former glory for the summer. I have two little boys and a dog so would appreciate some help on nice plants and naughty ones and any tips on what to look for amongst the foliage. I'm expecting to unearth some gems!! Any help appreciated!! xx

(Thread moved Wiseoldowl)

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,488
    Hi Baby,

Welcome to GC :thumb:. The best thing to do at the moment is to wait and see what pops up. Take pictures and post them on here and we can get an idea about your garden and what is in it already.

:) :dbgrtmb:

3. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,872
    Hi Sarah welcome to Gardeners Corner:)

[​IMG]

4. Babypinkfingers

Babypinkfingers Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  5. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Good evening Sarah and welcome to the site.