1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Disease affected Mango Tree!

Discussion in 'Trees' started by MukilanSC, May 12, 2016.

1. MukilanSC

MukilanSC Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey Guys,
    I am new to this forum. I live in India and I have five Mango trees and a single mango plant. We water the plants everyday and supply it with natural fertilizers from time to time. But out of the five, one has been diseased. I have uploaded an image indicating the four stages of the disease, which is mainly observed in the mango fruit and beginning symptoms in raw mango. So I would like your help guys. I would like to know, how to treat the diseased plant, guys. By the way, the other trees which receive the same shelter bear very good fruits. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner :sign0016:

Not a plant I've had any dealings with apart from getting attacked by wasps eating one :biggrin:

Our tropical growers may be able to help @pete & @longk

3. Linz

Linz Total Gardener

Prosperous Peasant
    Ratings:
    +6,224
    Hi Mukilan, Welcome to Gardeners Corner!

Didn't want to read and run.. I can't help you with your mango problem sorry! But I'd love to live in a climate like yours!

4. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,089
    I really can't help as I know nothing about recent weather there or the common parasites and viruses. I would ask local gardeners for their opinion. Sorry :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,614
      Not something I'd like to comment on.
      Not had much experience of growing mango fruit.:)

• Like Like x 1
      • miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,389
        Hi Mukilan, I think it is really wise to find a forum where they talk about plants that live in a climate similar to yours, as they would have a completely set of needs, illnesses etc...

In the case of mango, you may find the odd over enthusiastic vegetables seller that grows some exotics (East London is the place for you in that sense), but all in all, although I see plenty of mango fruits here, I don't see trees of them.

What plants grow well in your wonderful forests? Just out of curiosity...

Are you familiar with the Moringa Oleifera?

• Like Like x 1
        • MukilanSC

MukilanSC Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
          +2
          In fact we have two trees of Moringa and a plant. Initially we had three trees, but one of them got infected and we had to replant it. Our Moringa trees gives very good harvest every year. By the way, It's not a forest... it's a big garden. We have plenty of plantains, cocus nucifera,Psidium guajava (guava), papaya, different species of spinach (Amaranthus tricolor, Amaranthus tender), Amaranthus emblica, Saccharum officinarum (sugarcane) and Piper Betel. These ends up the commercial plants. And we have ornamental plants such as Hibiscus, Marigold, Lily, Euphorbia Milii, different colours of Plumeria and many other plants whose local name only I know of.

Apart from all this there is a 70 feet tall Eucalyptus globulus, which was growing there naturally for a long time. That is the story of me and my garden.

• Like Like x 2
          • miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +2,389
            it must be quite a sight !