1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Disease help

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Maxkolonko, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Maxkolonko

Maxkolonko Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I need a help with sorting out an issue with my plants, from what I've researched I think most of my plants have leaf spot, but I'm 100% sure, please see pictures of some of my plants leafs - tiger eyes plant, pinky winky hydrangea

I would appreciate any tips how to deal with my issue.

Cheers guys

Attached Files:

2. hans

hans Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +745
    Not sure what you have but Autumn is upon us and plants are shedding surplus leaves.
    Someone on the site may improve on my next suggestion. Clear up any fallen leaves and remove affected branches and dispose of, not on compost heap. Keep area around plants tidy maybe add just a little late liquid fertiliser.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Maxkolonko

Ratings:
      +0
      That's the thing one of my plant was whole season like this, the other like pinky winky was planted this summer and was somehow fine but now I notice those yellow and brownish leaf spots almost in whole plant, if I will remove affected branches probably nothing will be left :frown:

• pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,710
      Yeah, late in the season lots of leaves show signs of damage.
      Apart from the Hebe I guess the rest will be dropping the leaves in a month or two.

Maybe a light trim on the hebe next spring to get it a bit more bushy, this years leaves look fine on that.

• luis_pr

luis_pr Gardener

Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, USA; USDA Zone 7b/8a
      Ratings:
      +125
      After the Summer Solstice (June 20th), chlorophyll production tapers off so hydrangea leaves will show some leaf spots that most of the time are caused by fungi and promoted by overhead watering. They can be reduced by watering only the soil, using drip irrigation or soaker hoses or by watering close to sunrise so the leaves are not kept wet for long periods of time. No over-watering helps too. It may be useful to dispose of leaves with spots (not all or almost all leaves though, just the worst ones; remember that they produce food for the roots) in the trash to prevent the spores from spreading. If the shrub has a heavy infestation, you could try to find fungicides but, usually, you can control it with no overhead watering and cleaning up of plant debris (leaves, blooms) in the trash.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
        Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
      • Maxkolonko

Ratings:
        +0
        Thanks for that, I always try to water straight on soil rather overhead, but maybe I did overwater it, or rain did Thanks for help