1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone grow Rebutia? (Aylostera, Sulcorebutia, Weingartia etc.)

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by IceColdRum, Mar 18, 2016.

1. IceColdRum

IceColdRum Cacti & Herb Mad

Customer Service Advisor
    Ratings:
    +837
    Quite a few have germinated now, I'll see if I can get some clear photos later today (the time being now 12:30am...) I also bought two young plants at the Cactus society meeting on Saturday, they were brought along by that night's speaker, I believe they actually came from Kent Cacti/Connoisseurs Cacti (I don't remember which one but they share the same site in Kent) Rebutia toquata FR117 which is now lumped into Rebutia pygmaea and also a hybrid Sulcorebutia 'Plum Tart' which I can't find any information on apart from a link on google to a no longer viewable eBay listing saying it was a new UK hybrid but it does have a handful of buds so I can't wait :)

2. IceColdRum

IceColdRum Cacti & Herb Mad

Customer Service Advisor
    Ratings:
    +837
    I received some plants off of eBay today and I'm really pleased with them, I've just got to clean off some of the soil from the one on the right...

Matucana hayneii (I think it might actually be Matucana blancii)
    Matucana polzii
    Rebutia pygmaea v. friedri (I think the seller meant v. friedrichiana)

2016-04-15 17.52.06.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Michael Hewett

Michael Hewett Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +17,968
      What lovely plants @IceColdRum ... I feel like sending for some myself :smile:

• Like Like x 1