1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Dog rescues injured dog

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by clueless1, Oct 14, 2011.

1. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Have a look at this.

Be warned, it starts off awful, but it turns into a very nice story.

To me, it proves what most of us already knew but the scientists have been debating forever. Ie, the question, are emotions limited to humans?

Hero Dog Tries to Help Wounded Dog - Chile - YouTube

2. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    I knew I shouldnt have watched this...........The story is amazing that the other dog tried to rescue, I presume the dead dog. Dosnt stop me from bawling my brains out as I do when i see any animal hurt or killed. ( I often wonder if i have a problem) :/

3. clueless1

Ratings:
    +19,596
    No, it says at the end that the dog survived.

And no, if you get upset when an animal gets hurt, it doesn't mean you have a problem. In fact the opposite is true. I think it would be more of a problem if people didn't feel anything.

Sorry if the vid offends, I think after the initial sad bit, it is quite a nice story.

4. Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
    Ratings:
    +7,297
    False movie ?
    First the dog is hit by a Van nearside and is thrown to the SIDE of the road
    Next shots the dog is hit by a CAR offside and lying in middle of first/second lane
    Then super dog arrives and drags the injured dog lying in the middle of the 2/3 lane with no traffic across the third lane

If you listen to the video THE DOG SURVIVED anyway

Jack McH

5. clueless1

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Jack, you are very observant.

I've seen this video in better quality but without without the English speaking commentary, and I believed it genuine, but since reading your post I've watched it again much more carefully, and you're right. There are blatant continuity errors.

First the dog is hit by a van, and ends up in the middle lane, then in replay 1 its hit by the same van but gets launched to the central reservation. Then in replay 2 its hit by an entirely different car.

Either its all so quick that the camera didn't pick it up, or its fake.

I now have serious doubts about this, which is a shame because I liked the idea that dogs can be heroic, which I still believe but I'm no longer convinced that the video is proof.

6. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Im a coward, I didnt have the sound on and I couldnt wait to get off the link. Thank you Clueless and Jack Mc for filling me in....... I feel so relieved that the dog survived. I can go to bed now feeling so much happier. I dont think I have a problem clueless but I wonder sometimes that I care more about animals than i do about human beings :O

7. Flowerpot

Flowerpot Gardener

Self Employed Courier
    Ratings:
    +85
    It seems like a fake movie to me, i've looked at it many times over towards the end where the dog drags the injured dog, the injured dog seems to of changed shape and colour, could be the camera angle thou'.

8. redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
    Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
    Ratings:
    +10,594
    I have seen before. Never thought it would be fake??? Humm. but it is tear jerking non the less.

9. Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
    Ratings:
    +7,297
    Do not let it burst your bubble

Do not have doubts clueless
    Dogs are heroic, lots of them have the equivelent of a VC

Just remember all the stories of dogs saving their owners

Or regarding the movie
    It was actually a Rotweiler sniffing blood, senced there was something good to eat further along the motorway :yess:

Jack McH

• Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,999
      Year ago I 've seen dogs in London using the crossings to get across the roads, back when we had strays.
      I'm not sure that a dog would be stupid enough to risk its life for one that appears dead, they usually have a very realistic approach to life.

Selfish if you like to look at it that way, but good if you want to survive:D

• Like Like x 1