1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

"Doing up" plastic pots

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Selleri, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Selleri

Selleri Koala

Ratings:
    +7,682
    Has anyone done up cheapy plastic pots to look nicer? These would be for indoors use.

The look I'm after is "white, chunky, wonky". (Oddly, that reminds me of someone):heehee:

I'm quite happy in painting the sturdier decorative types, after light sanding the paint stays on well. Now I have found a good place to buy pots exactly the size I need but I doubt any paint will grab thin, shiny plastic. So I thought of alternatives.

Wrapping them in rags soaked in glue and once dry, a thin layer of air dry clay could work to get a thicker wall that is sandpaperable.

The glue rag-and-clay creates quite a strong shell, below is The Egg I made on chicken wire skeleton. It took months so a short cut of using plastic pots as the innards appeals to me very much :phew:

Wrapping a glue soaked chunky string around them might also look fun but I'm not sure of steady hands nor patience :biggrin:

These are the pots I'm after (in various sizes).

planted.jpg ruukku1.jpg bathtub2.jpg bathtub3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • flounder

flounder Super Gardener

RETIRED!!
      Ratings:
      +1,685
      Slight rub down with some sandpaper/wet and dry, paint with acrylic paint in whatever colour you require. Jobs a goodun

• Like Like x 1