1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Droopy Cucumber

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by LittleSparrow, May 10, 2017.

1. LittleSparrow

LittleSparrow Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I've come home to a droopy cucumber in my greenhouse today :frown:

As its my first year with the greenhouse, I decided to go for mostly tomatoes, a couple of bell peppers and just one cucumber.

I planted the cuc out in a grow bag with the peppers last weekend and its been fine. I have a dripper system for watering and I think that I may have messed up the timing.

Anyway the poor thing is all droopy. Toms and peppers are fine. I think its just not had enough water and isn't as hardy as the peppers and toms. However it has been cold here (Northumberland) at night could it be this?

Is there any way to save it? I've given it a good water this evening, but its still not happy. :gaah:

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,548
    Droopy cues, in my opinion, usually mean one thing at this time of the year, it's got too cold.

No amount of watering will bring it back, unless of course it is bone dry.
    The roots have stopped working.

I'd be inclined to buy another plant.:frown::smile:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • LittleSparrow

LittleSparrow Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +3
      Thanks so much for the reply Pete - I might hold off on another plant for a couple of weeks just to be sure of the temps. Even for Northumberland it has been cold for this time of year.

I made a similar mistake in germinating pea and beans indoors in early April and had a hell of a job keeping on top of them before it was warm enough to plant out. I'm just too impatient!

• Like Like x 2
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +85,548
        We all get impatient.;)
        Took me years to learn to take my time and not rush things.:smile:

• Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1