1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

droopy leaves on a newly planted tree

Discussion in 'Trees' started by davido, May 3, 2006.

1. davido

davido Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    At last I've found what I'm looking for. A birch (bitula alba.)It's about 20ft high and in a large tub at the nursery. Anyway I planted it in a hole slightly bigger than the bucket with plenty of compost. However when I looked at it this morning the leaves seem a bit droopy. It is only 3 days since I planted it so hopefully it's the shock. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lady Gardener

Lady Gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    did you water it in well?

3. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I would expect a tree that size to droop at this time of the year when planted. Most things check on planting when they shooting. Though there is always a danger of how it was dealt with before you bought it. Did the container look fresh, or as if it had been in there for some time?

I hope you puddled it in well - but be aware you will need to water it every day for the next week or so - a watering can full - unless your gardening on clay. And you will need to keep it watered for the next year or two - like once a week til its well and truly established.

Beautiful tree -