1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

'Drop in' days, Seaspring Seeds, Dorset

Discussion in 'Events' started by Scrungee, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    If you like chillies and will be in Dorset in August, it's well worth a visit to Seaspring Seeds. They aren't having an open day this year, but instead will be holding 4 'drop in' days
    http://www.seaspringseeds.co.uk/news-and-events/events/drop-in-days

From above link:

"we have found that many people are interested in seeing our nursery and seeing the crops, trials and chilli breeding programme. So, every Wednesday in August we have "Drop in" days. These are days where people can, quite literally drop in; and with a map of all our tunnels and greenhouses take a self-guided tour.

Visitors will be able to buy seeds and plants – you are welcome to browse through the polytunnels choosing the plants you want.

We will be working somewhere on the nursery, so find us if you have any questions or if you want to buy any plants or seeds.

The dates for 2015 are:

• 5th August
    • 12th August
    • 19th August
    • 26th August
    Time: 10:00am to 7:00pm

Any gardening or chilli groups wishing to have a guided tour please contact us"

Last year's open day http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/...tamarisk-farm-seaspring-seeds-open-day.68972/

With 4 dates (all Wednesdays) available it should be possible to choose one when there's some mackerel to be caught on the beach just a few minutes away and make it a really good day out. The last date on 26th August is the day before The Melplash Show http://www.melplashshow.co.uk/, raising the possibility of pitching a tent on the beach overnight (loads of people do that there), then doing the show the following day.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      They're trialing the Manx Marvel this year too :) Took them some plants and seed over.

• Like Like x 2
      • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
        First open day was today, I'm thinking of going either next week 12th or 26th Aug, the latter would enable me to also visit Melplash Show the following day, @Zigs are you going this year?

Anybody else on their hols down that way this month?

Seapring Seeds polytunnels viewed (last month) from the coast road above West Bex

seaspring seeds west bex.jpg

Parking charges down on the beach, I always aim for recover far in excess of those in the value of Mackies caught from the beach.

west bex car parking.jpg

• Like Like x 2
        • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Will if I can :)

• Like Like x 1
          • Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
            Ratings:
            +12,508
            I think I'm down the caravan (Newton Abbot) on the 26th, but I will have the grandchildren with me. I can hear them now.. "I'm bored" :doh:

• Like Like x 2
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1