1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Dropping Rose

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by Stef44, May 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Stef44

Stef44 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all

This is my first post on here and I wonder if you could help. I am a relatively new gardener and have never grown roses before. I planted a Lady of Shallot climbing rose about a year ago and it did well. This year it's really shot up and looked great. Small amount of black spot which I removed. It has loads of buds on it and 2 flowers appeared last week which were beautiful. However after a few days both of them have become very droopy and lifeless. The stems and leaves of the plant look fine. What am I doing wrong? Any tips on how to prevent this happening to the other 30 buds I have?

Many thanks

Stef

• Like Like x 1
    • Peter K

Peter K Gardener

Ratings:
      +126
      Dehydration can cause blooms to droop. Roses need to stay hydrated, so water them thoroughly two to four times a week. Keep the soil moist but not soggy, as overwatering also causes roses to droop.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Stef44

Stef44 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +3
        Thank you Peter, I'll keep an eye on the watering level then. Much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Hello @Stef44 :sign0016: to GC nice to have you with us [​IMG]