1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

dutch iris

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by mo, Jun 7, 2005.

1. mo

mo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    this is my first post so I hope I am doing it right.
    I have some dutch irises and they have two heads is this rare or common place

2. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Your doing it fine [​IMG] Not sure what Dutch irises are but it is not unusual to have more than one flower on a stem with most varieties of iris.

3. mo

mo Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Fran I was just wondering as I had never seen multipule heads on that variety before.
    I had bought the bulbs a couple of years ago, they flowered the first season with the majority having 2 heads on the one stem, the folowing year nothing appeared so I thought I had lost them, I did'nt touch the ground they are in. this year they came back double the amount and the majority with the 2 heads again.