1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Dying Potted Christmas Tree

Discussion in 'Trees' started by AdamP, Jun 9, 2011.

1. AdamP

AdamP Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

For christmas 2009, my wife & I bought a potted christmas tree and it had been fine until a few weeks ago (even surviving a move down to Oxfordshire from Warwickshire after Christmas 2010!). We had been keeping it shaded and under a slight overhang of the roof so it did feel slightly dry but I've been watering it well since. Unfortunately it is now very brown although the needles are not falling off so I'm still hoping we can rescue it...we've grown very attached to it after two christmases!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Adam

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,566
    Sorry Adam, it sounds like it's past the point of no return to me. Even if you were to plant it in the ground now I don't think it would survive. You could try feeding it, but I think it's to late.

3. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,076
    Hello Adam and welcome to the forum. I agree with Sheal, your Christmas tree is a gonner. Plants, especially trees, in containers must be kept well watered during the growing season.

4. ArcticFox1977

ArcticFox1977 Gardener

Firefighter/Driving Instructor
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have a potted christmas tree also.
    I think its a nordman fir. I was thinking about putting this in the ground as it's still growing, now producing pine cones.

Will it survive the move into the ground?