1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Eggciting morning!

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by "M", Aug 30, 2012.

1. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Went to let the ducks out this morning and gather the one egg I know I will get. Checked the sleeping area and yes, good as gold, Q had laid her egg (Lizzie is off lay while she takes time for a moult).

Though I would check the other house (where the ducks I've reared from eggs sleep) and :wow: one of the two females has laid her first egg!!! :hapfeet: It's half the size of a normal duck egg but about the size of a hen egg.

I think this bodes well for eggs through Autumn and may be Winter too? :scratch:

• Like Like x 4
    • Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
      +342
      Great stuff , what breed of ducks you got Mum? Muscovies & Khaki's can lay throughout winter but most have a break from laying .

• Like Like x 1
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        Thank you, Gogs. I got another egg this morning :dancy:

Well, the other females I have are all campbells (khaki, white and dark). The one that has come into lay was *supposed* to have been an Indian Runner, but there is just no way she is *that* :th scifD36: but we love her anyway :heehee:

Here's a pic (not a brilliant one, admittedly)
        Tinker.jpg

• Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        :hapfeet::hapfeet: :hapfeet:....you've done it again Mum:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1