1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

emergency DIY for chicken coop

Discussion in 'Livestock' started by RandyRos, Aug 3, 2012.

1. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    Now I am not good with making things with wood, hubby bult both our chicken coops (we have large fowl & Pekins). But I cleaned the Pekins out this morning (shut them out of the coop & into the run) and I had to change the felt because it was ripped.

I took the felt off and most of the tacks came out with it. I knew that didn't bode well. The roof was a piece of half inch ply and it was peeling apart!! So I removed the roof.

[​IMG]

I got my 16yr old son up :heehee: to help me and I found a bit of 3/4inch marine ply that would fit. I cut it to size with the jigsaw (slightly wavy lines, I can never do straight with a jigsaw) and we screwed it onto the hutch. Then Sam cut another piece of solid wood to screw onto the roof to hold the sliding door in. Then I told Sam to tidy up the tools while I felted it, because he tried to help and put a hole in the felt with a hammer :doh:

Like I said, I normally leave this kind of stuff up to hubby, but I'm quite pleased that I've managed to do it myself (with a little help from Sam :wub2:)

[​IMG]

2. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    Hey, great job!!! Well done :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
    • chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,616
      good for you :dbgrtmb: job done