1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Epson salt/ Lime And shorts and "T" shirt.

Discussion in 'Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling' started by moonraker, Mar 19, 2020.

1. moonraker

moonraker Gardener

Ratings:
    +243
    Ive been getting the borders of my garden sorted today as i do about this time of the year and ive noticed the once mostly clay soil has over the past couple of years turned into a very nice darker mix,
    Ive ensured i use powdered Lime every year this increases the PH and helps in breaking down the clay,
    As i forked the soil over i could'nt help but notice the worms doing what they do,
    pull all the leaves under the ground and help air the border,

We take for granted what a smashing job these creatures do,

In the next few days when the soils dried out a little bit more im going to tilth the soil ready for planting the tagget's, Ive box hedging all around verious borders and the soil prep also helps keep the box fed,
    We tend to forget hedges take a lot of the good stuff out of the soil and so to give the likes of box/privet a thought ref feeding is a good idea,

I do use a lot of Epson salts and find it to be a good gardeners friend,

So far in the last two weeks ive planted two more fruit tree's in a different part of the garden away from the orchard (two mini pear trees) and because of two sunny days you can see the life coming in the form of buds swelling
    "Any day now and leaf's will be out.( Quick call the midwife)

Ive four currant bushes to plant 'two black & two red' and if this weather stays nice "As the local forcast says it will all week" then they also will be planted.

This is what i like about gardening you can enjoy your own efforts in your own space and
    breath in fresh air without really thinking about it.