1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

evergreen lawn feed

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by steveh, Apr 12, 2005.

1. steveh

steveh Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone help? We had a new lawn laid early February this year, at the beginning of April I decided to feed it with Evergreen. Well, 5 days later massive amounts of brown patches start to appear, so I went back to the Evergreen box and read the instructions in more detail... I noticed at the bottom in small writing "This product should not be used on lawns less than 6 months old" can anyone suggest how to get the lawn back to what it was before the feed?

2. greenhouse goblin

greenhouse goblin Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Never mind new lawns, my lawn is years old last year i used evergreen and it sent all of it black, i just waited and kept cutting it out,not doin 2 bad now

3. revin helen

revin helen Gardener

Ratings:
    +36
    Did you have any grass in your lawn? I daren't use the stuff as the broard leaf weedkiller would get all the moss and clover. I think I've got one blade of grass/square meter.

4. turl

turl Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    You will find that with evergreen your lawn will go black for at least a week or two but this realy is a sign telling you that the produt is actually working. Just make sure you only use the product at a week before and after a cut, as this may couse bald patches and may take alittle longer to grow back.

5. steveh

steveh Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your responses, yes we have got grass, its a new lawn. turl, what you describe is exactly what is happening so hopefully it will all grow back eventually, what annoys me is the lawn was doing fine without it. I should of left it alone

6. Penlan Perennials

Penlan Perennials Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Also - when cutting your grass after usung these products dont put the clippings on the compost heap. Should tell you this on the instructions!