1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabulous garden to visit

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by Lorna, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Lorna

Lorna Gardener

Ratings:
    +49
    We had one of our periodic jaunts yesterday to that temple of all things household the Lakeland shop in Windermere, :heehee: and on the way back decided to visit Holehird garden nearby. We've lived in Cumbria for 38 years and had never been there before. It is fabulous! I would like my garden to be exactly like that! There's a walled garden filled with wonderful perennials and shrubs, some fantastic alpine houses and beds, a lovely heather garden and further areas filled with early spring flowering plants which obviously had long finished but must be wonderful when in bloom. They hold National Collections of Astilbe, Hydrangea and Polystichum Ferns, too. Entry is free, with a suggested donation of £3 per adult, and it is ALL managed and maintained entirely by volunteers, members of the Lakeland Horticultural Society (which him indoors and I joined on the spot!) We have visited some beautiful gardens, but this was the best. Maybe it's just because the planting style is my planting style, but done a trillion times better than I could ever do it. If you get the chance, do go and see it! :dancy:

• Like Like x 2
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      Thanks for the "heads up", Lorna:D That's another garden on my "to visit" list.:thumbsup:

• Evil Len

Evil Len Nag a ram

Ratings:
      +199
    • Lorna

Lorna Gardener

Ratings:
      +49
      Thought we were just going shopping, Len - didn't take the camera! :DOH: There are photos on the website Welcome - Holehird Gardens but in my opinion they don't do it justice.

• Like Like x 1
      • Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
        Ratings:
        +1,667
        Those gardens are beautiful.