1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantastic customer service from Germany!

Discussion in 'Gardening Discussions' started by silu, Jun 29, 2016.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    I bought THE best loppers I've ever had from Aldi in Spring 2014. In a straight comparison to Fiskars top of the range loppers (friend has these) my Aldi ones beat them hands down and they cost 1/4 of the cost of the ones made by Fiskar! I used them extensively since purchase, having a huge garden, using them not only to prune but also to chop up branches for kindling. I estimate they would have had more use than someone with an average sized garden in a lifetime and I'm not exaggerating.
    While chopping up some sizeable stuff 2 weeks ago I over extended them, twisted the blade and broke them, my fault entirely.
    I was livid with myself. I contacted Aldi customer service to see if I could get a replacement blade and or another pair as they are so good. They gave me the email of the supplier of goods in Germany.
    Post email and a telephone conversation(they phoned me) despite me admitting it was MY fault the loppers broke and not having the receipt they are sending me a replacement pair FOC! My god I doubt many British companies would do this? We are very good at moaning about poor service, I thought I should praise a company for a change.:)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Joolz

Joolz Gardener

Ratings:
      +884
      That's fantastic! What is the brand, so that I can be sure to look out for their products?

• pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
      "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
      Ratings:
      +4,445
      I have a lot of gardening items from Aldi/Lidl, the Aldi lawn edging shears are really good, my secateurs from Lidl, really serviceable, always been happy with quality and price, I don`t think any are branded items as such.

• silu

Ratings:
      +8,083
      Hi Joolz. The loppers are Aldi Gardenline BUT , funny how there is always a flaming but! I haven't seen them sold in their shops for ages. The loppers are NOT the ones being sold by Aldi atm. The ones I have are Anvil type, with ordinary not telescopic handles which usually cause problems. Mine are really heavy duty, stamped as made in Austria in 2014. Photos is what I sent to Aldi obviously with the blade missing, and of part of my garden to show the scale of jobs my tools have to cope with!Honestly I really do use loppers a massive amount having 2 wood burning stoves, 5 acres of ground and small wood as well as 2 acres of garden. I have many garden tools and also break quite a few, usually caused by wear and tear. I would expect to go through a pair of decent quality loppers every year or 2, these Aldi ones were still going great guns until I was stupid and tried cutting a branch which was way way too big. I will keep my eyes peeled to see if Aldi get them in again and will let you know if I see them.I will buy at least another 3 pairs if I see them.
      IMG_2432.JPG IMG_2358.JPG

• Like Like x 2
      • Joolz

Joolz Gardener

Ratings:
        +884
        Ahh, Gardenline. Yes, I know that brand. They do make some fabulous things. @silu, that picture of your garden is breathtaking, and all those acres.. WOW. Do you have a thread with pictures where I can have a wander around?

• silu

Ratings:
        +8,083
        Purely by chance I have found the receipt for the loppers. I kept it because I bought a submersible pump at the same time from Aldi, that has a 5 year guarantee. The loppers cost the massive sum of £6.99, the Fiskar ones which were well beaten on performance retail at around £38. I can't believe the loppers cost so little I'd be happy to pay 10 times that but don't tell Aldi!

• Like Like x 3
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Joolz

Joolz Gardener

Ratings:
          +884
          Crikey! That is a fabulous price. Have to say, Aldi do have some fabulous things. I bought a Gardenline spray gun for my hose from them. Cost the huge amount of £3.99. Fantastic beastie. No leaks and it works like a charm. I've bought more expensive ones in the past, some don't even last a summers use. I do my food shop fortnightly. Asda & Aldi are my supermarkets, only use Asda to get the things that I can't at Aldi. Can't fault the place really. The plants section in Aldi is fab too, the plants are always well cared for in my local branch.

• Like Like x 1
          • silu

Ratings:
            +8,083
            Well how wrong can you be? Furious, received nothing so phoned Aldi customer service today and guess what? the person who was so "helpful" in Germany is evidently a student and gave me the wrong information.:wallbanging::wallbanging::wallbanging::wallbanging::wallbanging:
            Instead of getting a replacement I am getting NOWT! No replacement as promised, no refund and not much of a sorry either. They couldn't/ wouldn't even tell me the manufacturer so I could try and buy another pair as the product was good. A considerable waste of my time and disappointment, bottom of the class Aldi.

• Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1