Fao sal

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by al n, May 9, 2013.

1. al n

al n Total Gardener

self employed
    Ratings:
    +3,267
    Just thought you might be interested, the small cifera that I got from the garden centre by you are doing great guns, grown a lot in the last week

[​IMG]

The large Diksonia is chucking out lots of knuckles now, well happy. It was over wintered in the garage and kept all its original fronds, although some have browned slightly.

[​IMG]

The small Diksonia that I to from b&q is doing great too, planted and kept out all winter with just a small ball of fleece in the crown

[​IMG]

My cyathea australis is pushing up a few fronds now, also over wintered in the garage and kept its original fronds.

• Like Like x 3
    • sal73

sal73 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,998
      wow Al , really glad that all survived nicely , what happen to the yucca?

also you got 5 Cerifera , where are the rest?

just been to the garden center this morning , many new offer , but unfortunatly no money to buy any , they have a big load of plants by the end of May , will go and take few more pictures .

• Like Like x 1
      • al n

al n Total Gardener

self employed
        Ratings:
        +3,267
        The other cerifera are doing just like that one, great!

Musas on the move also, bamboos great, silver spears great, not protected at all in the winter either. The big chammy is doing fab, but the yukka, although multi layered fleeced, and the pot bubble wrapped is a bit sorry. Yellowing leaves, but has got new growth now. Very happy with everything I got from them and will definately use them again!

I, like you, have no disposable cash to buy anything but in all honesty, I don't need anything for the garden. Hopefully when everything is at its full growth this year everything will be full to bursting! Be interesting to see some pics of the garden centre tho :dbgrtmb:

• sal73

sal73 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,998
        Al , we don`t need more plants in our garden , it`s the same as the women .....they don`t need so many shoes, it`s just the pleasure of having them and treat ourself .....

what about the monkey tree ?

• Agree Agree x 1
        • al n

al n Total Gardener

self employed
          Ratings:
          +3,267
          The monkey tree, fab! Slow grower as you know, but very healthy.