1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

FAO Sarah99

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Gogs, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Hi Sarah , hope you don't mind me asking a Q on here .
    Charlie my Springer has had an ear prob. he kept scratching at his ear & going off balance .
    I took him to the Vet a week ago & was told he had an infection plus wax in the said ear .Given antibiotics & ear drops ,the course is now finished but he's still not right so going back tomorrow .Have you any thoughts to this ? Many thanks in advance .

2. sarah99

sarah99 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Gogs, I just saw this post, sorry to hear about Charlie. Spaniels do tend to suffer with ear problems, which can be annoying for both you and the dog! Sometimes a buildup of wax is the cause and an ear cleaner can be used alongside medicated ear drops, see what your vet says about recommending an ear cleaner to use before you put the ear drops in. He may need a longer course of antibiotics, or possibly swap to something else, or add in another medication, depending on what's going on.

If this is not the first time Charlie has had ear problems, you could speak to your vet about trying to find out what is causing them - sometimes recurrent ear disease can be a sign of an underlying skin allergy or hormone issues for instance.

Hope this helps! See what your vet says when he goes back tomorrow, and take it from there. Hopefully he is on the mend. Let me know how you get on.

All the best,

Sarah

3. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Sent PM with update on Charlie .