1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Farewell @ARMANDII

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by glengarry23, Apr 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glengarry23

glengarry23 Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,251
    Feeling in a devastating mood since last nights announcement that ARMANDII was leaving the Forum due to health reasons,..he will be sadly missed as he was one of the Members who encouraged me to keep posting,..he was steadfast and seemed ever present,..complimentary and always humorous,..i for one will always remember how i could rely on him viewing my two Threads and making a comment or just letting me know he viewed by giving a like,..i do hope our paths cross somewhere.

Philip

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
      At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
      Ratings:
      +49,617
      Indeed, it is incredibly sad and very sudden.

Armandii is a very private person and it was his wish that after he had posted last night that he lock the thread and depart. My presumption (and it is merely a presumption) is that he firstly is not one for fuss or fanfare and secondly that he wished to avoid email alerts to a thread arriving which he might have found upsetting.

Whilst there is absolutely no problem in having this thread where we can share our thoughts and well wishes, can I please ask that we respect his wishes and privacy and refrain from tagging him (using the @ symbol ahead of his username) lest it cause him any upset.

For the avoidance of any doubt - none of us are aware of what his medical condition is (rightly so) and in reality have little more information than you do, other than to say that this is a recurrence of his prior illness and it would appear that it is anything but minor.

We took the decision (and Armandii is aware of this) that his account will remain open and his Admin status will remain in the hope that he is able to come back and join us once he has faced whatever challenge lies ahead.

I for one wish him every strength to recover.

• Agree Agree x 13
      • Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.