1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fast growing hedge ideas

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Rob Taylor, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Rob Taylor

Rob Taylor Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Looking for ideas on a fast growing hedge. While I love my Neighbours to bits we still want privacy which the current 4'ish fence doesn't. Not really keen on 6' fencing but was thinking along the lines of a willow screen initially, plant a hedge then when the screen has gone past its best the hedge will be up at 6' ish

Ideas???

2. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,552
    The problem with fast growing hedges is they need a lot of trimming Rob. The fastest I can think of are Leylandii and Grisilinia but I wouldn't recommend Leylandii to anyone, it can create a lot of damage with it's roots to drains and house foundations.

• Like Like x 1
    • merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,087
      Have a look at this thread which is asking for similar ideas :)