1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fat rope, Arrgh! Decking project

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by DrGonzoPOW, Jul 5, 2010.

1. DrGonzoPOW

DrGonzoPOW Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. New here and thought id ask the advice of you lovely people with a decking project im currently making a mess of. Ive made an area of decking on top of an old stable that has been knocked down. Ive got it all done nice with some posts in ready to attach some brass eyelets and rope for the fencing around the front. Now i read that pre-soaking the rope was a good idea as it shrinks and can create problems if not done. Trouble is that now i have done so, the rope may have shrunk length ways but its also got twice as fat and now does'nt fit through my brass eyelets/handrail fittings anymore. Will it shrink again once dry ? Are there any tips for this kind of problem!? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Dave

2. DrGonzoPOW

DrGonzoPOW Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  3. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,878