1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Field Horsetail

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Laurie, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Laurie

Laurie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If it'snot a silly question - I'd welcome ideas on how to deal with these terrible weeds. It's so bad that I even dream about them!

2. kryssy

kryssy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Had the same problem when we lived in UK. Dreadful stuff. We moved.

3. compostee

compostee Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    The way i got rid of a customers batch of the 'orrible stuff, was to jump up and down on it, bruise the leaves quite badly, but not sever from the root, then pour on a strong dose of roundup, 'agricultural roundup' it got shot after 6 weeks, with 2 applications. With the 'domestic roundup' (expensive and fairly useless) it will take probably take weekly applications. But whatever you do, you need to bruise the leaves before applying any weedkiller.

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Laurie move house its the only solution I have had them 25years the only thing I have not tried is agent orange Iam using a flame gun at present. :D