1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding a local gardening club

Discussion in 'Gardening Clubs and Societies List' started by viettaclark, Feb 17, 2009.

1. viettaclark

viettaclark Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!
    I'd love to join a local club to swap seeds, cuttings, info and ideas and even go on trips to gardens.
    I can't seem to be able to access a web site that will give me a list of local clubs in Southampton. Any advice please?
    I suppose I could even start one up myself. Anyone know how to go about it?
    Thanks for reading
    Vietta

2. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,595
    I've found that there is a whole different world of people other than those of us that of grown dependent on t'internet. If you go to as many garden open days, shows and the likes, and start talking to random people, you'll find out all sorts of stuff that is right under your nose that you never knew about:) I don't know how word gets round in such circles, but it does.

3. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,508
  4. viettaclark

viettaclark Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Freddie!!!! You are wonderful!!!! I went on that site and found a club literally round the corner and the secretary lives 2 doors up the road!!!!!
    Amazing!! Unfortunately it's a cacti and succulent society but I'm going to drop a note in tomorrow and you never know.....she may have contacts.
    Thank-you SO MUCH.
    Vietta

5. Canucksintheuk

Canucksintheuk Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    If your try a local Women's Institute - I'll bet that they have members who belong to one if they don't know of one themselves.

6. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    I have started a childrens garden club at our local craft shop ,I sure it would be easy for you to.

I also am a member of a fuchsia society which meets in the alotment hut.

http://www.testvalleyorchid.gardenersclubsocieties.co.uk/ is this of any help for you I googled and found this.