1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fiskars-Excellent product and customer service.

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by silu, Oct 24, 2017.

1. silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
    +8,083
    After searching the internet for the strongest loppers I could find I decided to buy a pair of Fiskars (model L109). I bought them sometime last year and was delighted with them. They were very light to use, had comfortable cork covered handles and were very powerful coping with large branches of dead and consequently very hard wood.
    I used them extensively and all was well until today:mute:. Like an idiot I pushed my luck and tried to cut up a branch which was way too large and I broke the blade.....much swearing!
    I couldn't find on the net where I could source a replacement blade so contacted Fiskars customer service this afternoon asking where I might buy a replacement blade and admitting it was totally my fault the blade had failed.
    Within about 2 hours I received a very nice email back advising me of where I may purchase replacement blades AND they are going to send me a replacement FREE OF CHARGE as a goodwill gesture.
    :wow: now that is what I call service. I would strongly recommend Fiskars products as have used various of their tools over the years. Ok they are not cheap but they manufacture quality products and if you don't abuse them ie don't do what I did! they will last for years and years.

• Like Like x 4
    • BeeHappy

BeeHappy Total Gardener

Mother Nature's Garden Apprentice
      Ratings:
      +6,133
      :goodpost:@silu as you say thats :awesome:

I always contact any company i have purchased from as my first point of reference - being in business ourselves we Always want the customer to be happy ...and as you have done now - send out this most positive message to all ...after all its what business's thrive on- Good feedback and high recommendation. There is nothing more frustrating than hearing/reading negative comments and when you ask "did you contact the company" to be told NO!!" :gaah: ....how can anyone defend themselves against these bad comments if they have not been given the opportunity to address any concerns - Very bad practice on the customers part methinks :sad:
      So hats off to you for being a model customer :dbgrtmb:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +16,246
        I have used Fiskar secateurs over the years , very good tools . I also think that loppers are one of the most useful tools I have bought . How I manged to struggle on without them over the years is beyond me.

• Like Like x 2
        • glasgowdan

glasgowdan Gardener

Ratings:
          +120
          I believe fiskars bought Wilkinson sword tools a few years ago. They do make sime good shaped tools, long handles that reduce the strain on your body etc.

Not happy with their shears...blades are too short. But ive abused a spade for a few years now, also an X27 log splitter and a small kindling maul.