1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Five Live Radio - AM wave?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Adam Moran, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Adam Moran

Adam Moran Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    As the tennis has been on during the day i've switched over to five live to have a listen.

And it's struck me how bad the quality is!!

In this day and age why isnt it being transmitted on the FM wave or have i missed something?

Anyway, the quality was so poor i swtiched off, shame really :(

2. Doogle

Doogle Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Basically, more coverage for less power (cost) at the expense of bandwidth (quality).

Southampton should be covered by the transmitter at Fareham which is putting out 1Kw on 330m (909Khz). You could try 433m (693Khz) which is the Brighton transmitter but I doubt if it'll be any better.

3. Adam Moran

Adam Moran Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i work all over the south so doesnt really matter.

I dont get it though, there seems to be loads of local bbc stations so why not put 5 live out as well?