1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Flashman

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Loofah, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +21,695
    Has anyone read the Flashman series of novels by George Macdonald Fraser? I need a replacement for the Aubrey series after the author inconsiderately died partway through a book...

2. NigelJ

NigelJ Total Gardener

Mad Scientist
    Ratings:
    +21,267
    @Loofah I've read some of the series and they're best described as a light hearted romp through the British Empire.
    Not as gripping as the Aubrey series and less serious.
    Have you come across the Richard Bolitho series by Alexander Kent, I enjoyed the couple of those I read.

3. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +21,695
    I have not but will take a look... have grabbed the first Flashman so will start that soon and see if I like it enough to carry on

cheers :)