1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Flooded garden

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by daz and debs, Jul 16, 2007.

1. daz and debs

daz and debs Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys just to let everybody know that my garden has come out of the flood ok apart from the odd plant that washed away.In fact some of the plants have grown alot cos of the flood lol.Anyway thanks to all who wished me well when i was flooded so thanks guys.Does anybody know of a plant called Calohortus {black dragon}also where can i see a pic of it. Thank you verry much.....daz [​IMG]

2. mef750

mef750 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny thing Daz & Debs, I was only today wondering how you were getting on.
    Glad to hear things are doing so well. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. daz and debs

daz and debs Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    You think thats funny right this is true i swear.When we was on holiday in spain while the flooding was going on i had a dream that the garden flooded and all my banana plants whent sailing down the stream; cors every body laughed cos i love nanas.How wierd is that lol.thanks mef750

4. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Hi daz and debs, glad to hear that not all of your pretty garden was washed away and hope that everything is getting back to normal by now.

As to your question - I googled Calohortus and came up with this -

http://www.blue-room.com/plant_album/pages/page_65.html

- but I don't think this is it.

If you put "black dragon plant" in the google search box you get quite a few different things like Coleus, Wisteria, and some evergreen tree. So best you google them and see which is the one you are after.

5. daz and debs

daz and debs Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Kedi.I love banana plants and i went to a garden centre today and asked if thay had any ;she said no but im getting some calohortus{black dragon} next week. She says there like bananas only black foilage verry tropical so i thought id ask on here thanks again...daz

6. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Well, that's one that I had not yet come across while googling!

7. daz and debs

daz and debs Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Lol me neather.I will be interesting to see what thay are like..daz

8. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Evening D and D, I`ve never heard of a plant called Calohortus but there is one called Calochortus which is a member of the lilly family, David.