1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Flowering cacti

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by greenfingers, Oct 6, 2007.

1. greenfingers

greenfingers Gardener

driver
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although this succulent plant is better known as Christmas cacti for the time of year it flowers, Nov-March.
    Are anyone elses Flowering Cacti in bloom as of now?
    Mine has been in flower for the past couple of weeks and has alot of buds than usual. A bud on every stem/leaf.
    I do have a picture, but unfortunately this site uses web links for uploading, I.e such as picturetrail, something I do not use.

2. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +6,948
    [​IMG] Hi greenfingers,yes they seem to be flowering earlier every year,although mine is not flowering yet like yours it is FULL of bud.

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,740
    This to me gets confusing.

Does anyone have the Schlumbergera gaertnnneri .. the Easter Cactus ... and when is this flowering ???

For what it's worth, the Christmas Cactus, Zycocactus truncatus) seems the more popular. Not sure mine has buds even but it does live outside in the shade.

Hope you don't mind, roders Dearest, here is yours, which is on my whirly-go-round of flowers and cats on my screen saver [​IMG] ...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Celia

Celia Gardener

Ratings:
      +1
      One of mine flowered at the beginning of September and has now finished. My oldest one has one bud on it. I put them outside for the first time this summer and I think it's confused them. Though it is possible that the one that has flowered was an Easter cactus.

• pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,725
      Reminds me, I must bring mine under cover soon, it usually buds up then.