1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Font colour

Discussion in 'Site Feedback/Bugs' started by Sheal, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,594
    No, I'm using Edge because Chrome isn't compatible with my machine.

2. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +49,577
    Can you try Firefox or Opera for me please?

3. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,594
    I have the same problems with Firefox as Chrome @Fat Controller. If you don't mind I'll hold fire on Opera until later tomorrow. My son is going to 'Teamviewer' tomorrow for me to sort out a number of issues and hopefully this one too. Thank you for helping :) and I'll let you know how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,594
      Hi @Fat Controller. :)

I had the Teamviewer session today and it seems the problem with copying and pasting has corrected itself. Whether that's to do with anything that my son was working on we don't know. However the problem with the font remains. The only way the colour can be changed at the moment is to start typing, highlight the text, then choose the colour. He believes the problem is within GC as he's checked everything he thought could be a possibility on my computer. Any ideas where we go from here please?

• ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,203
      Hi,

Have you tried using WordPad and seeing if you can change the colour as you type ? as I have just done.

It might help define the problem to something just online ?

Assume your computer has been totally switched off / Shut Down during your problems, not just put to Sleep or Hibernation etc, where the memory and possibly the problem is still retained.

• Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,594
      Hi Ricky,

I wouldn't know what WordPad is, I know very little about computers. I can already change the colour as I type as described in my previous post, but I want to regain the easy way of just hitting the font button at the top of the post.

My computer is never put to sleep, it's either on or totally off. :)

• Fat Controller

Public Transport
      Ratings:
      +49,577
      Hi Sheal :)

I am struggling to work out how this could be an issue with GC, as you are (currently) the only one experiencing it :scratch:

My gut is screaming browser issue still, not least as there has been a LOT of changes relating to browsers recently, some of which have had some really weird effects - - only just today, I have switched from using Firefox and have installed Chrome, because Firefox has become such a pain in the rear with issues including not loading images on some websites (BBC being one), not loading links on some sites (again, BBC is one) and freezing when watching YouTube and so on. Same machine, same broadband, not even a restart since installing Chrome and all the problems are just non-existent in Chrome.

I don't use Edge, but then that is because my experience of it has been poor too.

And the other thing that this could be is an extension or plugin within a browser (ad-blocker for example)

• Informative Informative x 1
      • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +4,203
        Hi,

Have to agree with FC , thats why I thought you could try and see if your get the same problem with WordPad, its just a basic free word processor that comes as part of windows. ( 7 and 10)

As you have not come across it, assume you use some other Word Processor ? so if you could open that and try changing font colour in that and see if it works ok, which I suspect it will ...?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +52,594
        If it is a browser issue @Fat Controller then I'll have to put up with it and hope that things may change at some point. I can't use Firefox or Chrome for the same reason as yourself, it's nigh on impossible for me to load images. I did discover way back that loading pictures in the wee small hours via Chrome, was much easier. Probably due to the fact there was very little else going on here at that time.

I have nothing like that to upset things even further. :biggrin: I've remembered having just used the Reply button for quoting.....my Quote button still isn't working and hasn't done for months. I suppose this could be a part of the same problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
          Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
        • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +52,594
          I'm completely lost @ricky101, I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry! :) I'm hopeless with technology, ask me about something mechanical then I'll be tuned in. :biggrin:

• Fat Controller

Public Transport
          Ratings:
          +49,577
          Next time your son is available to do a remote-in, ask him to update Java @Sheal - I have a feeling......

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +52,594
            Now that's something that didn't occur to us @Fat Controller. Thanks I'll run it passed him. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1