1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Footstool palm - Livistona Rotundifolia dying :(

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by lowrider69, Mar 18, 2019.

1. lowrider69

lowrider69 Gardener

Disabled
    Ratings:
    +174
    Hi can I get some advice please for my Footstool palm - Livistona Rotundifolia

it once was a nice colour with healthy leafs but since I have moved the leaf have all but died though it does keep growing new leaf but they just go the same way
    can some one tell me where i,m going wrong please?

I was about to give it some new soil to check theirs no bugs in the soil and maybe add abit of something to help with drainage.

it is in the window sill at present where it gets a fair bit of light there but think it may to to much.

any advice would be cool and try to save my lovely plant

Footstool palm - Livistona Rotundifolia.jpg 54401882_2063618990601965_4932956182122856448_n.jpg

2. WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +5,089
    I used to buy these in holland markets back in the day. Most ended up dying . Came to the conclusion they were forced by the growers and just couldnt hack our climate. They need heat,sun,good drainage.
    We stopped selling them.

3. lowrider69

lowrider69 Gardener

Disabled
    Ratings:
    +174
    So you dont think its worth trying to save then?

4. lowrider69

lowrider69 Gardener

Disabled
    Ratings:
    +174
    will take that as a yes then lol