1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fragrant Climbers

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by morris28, Sep 15, 2005.

1. morris28

morris28 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

In a recent newspaper article, Chris Beardsmore listed several fragrant plants and climbers. Unfortunately I have mislaid the article and wondered whether anyone could help with the name of the particularly fragrant variety of honeysuckle referred to.

Many thanks.

2. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Have you thought of contacting the newspaper for the info, or writing to CB via the newspaper. I've generally found papers to be quite helpful in such situations.

3. Coralbat

Coralbat Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, morris28, I think you mean Chris Beardshaw.
    Read through his web site. He names a particularly fragrant honeysuckle. Might be what you're looking for. Also mentions he writes articles for a newspaper.

www.chrisbeardshaw.com

4. Coralbat

Coralbat Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Below is a direct quote from his website. This may be the plant you are looking for.

Plants such as the Honeysuckles are renowned for their potency with the British native species L. periclymenum being amongst the most fragrant of all the hardy forms.

5. rosietutu

rosietutu Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +434
    For a really fragrant climber I would suggest an Abelia the scent is heavy and it did not get mildew like every thing in my garden has now... :mad: even the Dahlias.