1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Bargain Free gardening stuff from Homebase !!!

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by Scrungee, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,995
    Free, for pennies, or even paid to take away, here's how it's done ...

With every purchase (of gardening stuff) vouchers are being printed out for 200 Nectar Points worth £1.00, so buy something for 23p [1], make 77p on the transaction, get another voucher, buy something like 1.2Kg Phostrogen reduced to £1.09 (besides being reduced to clear, they were red stickered down to even less), get £1.00 in points and another voucher and keep on buying and saving £1 on everything, making reduced to clear stuff even better value.

I was getting these vouchers in 2 different stores. Feeling a bit worn out, going back tomorrow.

[1] If you get these individually with points vouchers you will make 77p on each transaction! http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/phostrogen-all-purpose-garden-feed---150g-259441

Homebase1.jpg

Homebase2.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
      Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      Blimey!!! Good work :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Scrungee

Ratings:
        +28,995
        Oh Moo Poo!!!

Honebase no longer issuing 200 points vouchers, I was going to see how many more items of around a pound or under I could get for nothing today (and tomorrow and day after that .......).

• Like Like x 2
        • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +5,078
          No joy for me,just more of the 5 off 35 vouchers,got some water crystals forr 93p so all good. :)

• Like Like x 1
          • Scrungee

Ratings:
            +28,995
            Thought it might be another Vanmeuwen style freebie bonanza, so I was a bit miffed about no further points vouchers today (had made a 'shopping list' using online stock checker ready to get a load more points), but at least I got £20's worth yesterday, to either 'double up' to get £40's worth of stuff from Sainsburys in their next promotion, or simply spend at Argos (we each got 'spend £2.50 in points at Argos and get £5.00's worth credited back, emails a while ago).

Funny thing was that the staff never questioned why we went through the checkouts 10 times each only buying a single item at a time! Guess they're used to us doing that sort of thing when there's freebie vouchers in The Telegraph.

Mrs Scrungee mentioned she'd read somewhere that Hombase has been sold to new owners, so maybe there'll be a few more lines reduced to clear if they've got different ideas about what they should be stocking. Now is the time of year to keep an eye on their reductions. A Google site search for the term Below Half Price usually finds the clearance items.

• Informative Informative x 1
              Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
            • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +5,078
              Cant beat a bit of free or super cheap shopping. Yo6r right about them clearing out because theyve been bought by the Aussies namely Bunnings.
              Some super cheap led bulbs still instore and a few bits of power tools left. Ive changed all my bulbs to led for much cheapness and redone 2 kitchens on Homebase clearance bargains.
              A great shop for clearance deals but expensive normally.
              Shop assistant said she wasnt expecting new clearance offers instore but she was the one I told she was now working for the aussies so the staff arent switched on to whats happening.
              I awit your next bargain postings Scrungee :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 2
              • Jack McHammocklashing

Jack McHammocklashing Sludgemariner

Ex Civil Serpent
                Ratings:
                +7,276
                I got the Fertilizer
                Found they had baskets at the door, lots of garden gloves less than half price
                along with many other offers

• Scrungee

Ratings:
                +28,995
                200 points vouchers are being printed at the tills again today!

These are the 23p pouches of Phostrogen to look out for, 77p profit on every one bought with a points voucher. The price labels in 2 place both showed £1.93, but they scan at 23p as on website.

homebase23p.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
              • silu

silu gardening easy...hmmm

Ratings:
                +8,083
                Thanks for the heads up re the Jack's Magic and Phostrogen from Homebase. The bags of compost were very heavy/wet (hope they'll be ok) and having bought 25 bags my car was almost rearing with the weight in the back. It was somewhat interesting going round the 1st roundabout on the way home:yikes:, I reduced my speed to about 10 mhp for the remaining ones:). Whether my suspension will ever be the same again remains to be seen. If my car collapses it won't have been such a good deal but what the......!

• Scrungee

Ratings:
                +28,995
                I've had a few heavy wet ones, but they drained quite a bit when leant up against a wall stood on an end.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
                  +28,995
                  200 Points vouchers being issued again today! Suspected it might happen because they've been printing at the tills for the last 2 Fridays. Found 1.5Kg potato fertilizer reduced to clear at £1.42, then further reduced (stickered) down to £1.09 (73p/Kg), then when using 200 points vouchers only 9p for 1.5Kg (6p/Kg), also found some more 150g packs of Phostrogen @ 23p and got paid 77p to take them away.

Tip - go on a Friday, find some clearance item, better still a clearance item that has been red sticker reduced even further, £1.43 clearance reduced further to £1.09 is ideal, if you get a 200 points voucher keep on buying single £1.09 items as long as you keep getting £1 in Nectar Points vouchers, so only 9p/item for as long as they keep issuing them. When vouchers no longer print, use your 2nd Nectar card, then your 3rd, etc. (I always advocate multiple accounts for anything that can produce savings and this has been a rather nice surprise, as previously the only benefit of multiple accounts was only getting loads of extra Sainsburys money off coupons and getting extra points (more back than you spend!) offers at Argos.

N.B. Nectar points can be used for ebay purchases as well as for shopping at Argos.

homebase 200 points.jpg

• WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
                  +5,078
                  I think i must have a duff nectar card all i get is double or triple points on next visit. :th scifD36::dunno::snorky:

• Linz

Linz Total Gardener

Prosperous Peasant
                  Ratings:
                  +6,224
                  Is this points offer still on? Heard thEY were taken over. Nearest one is Swansea but it's a big store so I'll take a trip if they still got bargains :)

• Scrungee

Ratings:
                  +28,995
                  I've only got them issued on Fridays. No Jacks Magic compost left at Swansea, but checking stock levels online they appear to have loads of Phostrogen 1.2Kg packs, and half a dozen of the 23p 150g packs.

Has anybody got a 200 points voucher any other day than a Friday?

I might buy something seriously reduced (but over £1) next Friday (or some gardening item that perhaps I think I might need then decide I definitely don't need and return for a refund) just to see if the points vouchers gravy train is still running on the same Friday timetable.

If you find some clearance item(s) you want, if you reserve on a Thursday AM, it'll be available to collect instore on Friday.

• Linz

Linz Total Gardener

Prosperous Peasant
                    Ratings:
                    +6,224
                    Cheers for checking, that's kind of you. Shame there's no compo and that's a good idea, I'll reserve some stuff before I go :blue thumb: