1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Front garden

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by merleworld, Aug 8, 2015.

1. merleworld

merleworld Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,087
    My next project is to get the neglected front garden sorted out.

I'm cheating slightly here as I got a gardener to widen the borders for me.

Here are the 'BEFORE' pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • merleworld

Ratings:
      +4,087
      Taken today - just look at all that lovely border space to cram full of plants :yes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've given the hedging plants their first trim to try and get them to bush out a bit. First plant is in - Hydrangea macrophylla 'Together'. I have another two to put in either side of it. However, not only is the ground rock hard because it's so dry, but it's full of roots. It was too hot for those sort of shenanigans so I gave up after one plant and gave the soil a good watering to try and soften it a bit. I'll continue to do that every day until next weekend if I have to then have another go. Hopefully we'll get a decent downpour which will make it easier.

Still haven't decided which plants are going in the other borders but I've got plenty in containers to work with. The Camellia on the left is being donated to my next door neighbour's son.

• Like Like x 2
        Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
      • merleworld

Ratings:
        +4,087
        Just had a reet good downpour. Few more like that and it'll soften the ground up nicely.

• Like Like x 1
        • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
          Ratings:
          +7,491
          You've worked hard on that Merle...well done! It should look really good when it's all planted up. :blue thumb: